Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shock: NBA Proves Global Warming

February 26, 2009 -- Santa Monica, CA. While the debate over global warming continues to frustrate experts on both sides of the aisle, it looks like Al Gore may be vindicated, as there appears to be a smoking gun that proves global warming is a reality - the NBA.

Has it been in front of us all this time? Experts say so and they point directly to the NBA for proof. "I've been skeptical for a long time, but I'm now convinced global warming exists. I've never seen grown men sweat like this before, and I've been going to NBA games for years," said Guy McIntyre, a global warming critic and Cleveland Cavaliers season ticket holder. The reporters here, not willing to take the word of just a few, decided to go a step further and ask some NBA players what they thought. Here are just a few of the comments we received, all of which support the global warming claim.


Kevin Garnett: "Look at me; it's gotten so bad that I'm drenched by the end of warm-ups, before the game even begins. If this isn't global warming, I'd be in the hospital."


Shaquille O'Neal: "I'm 'the diesel' and I run hot to being with, but I noticed a change a few years ago. I'm a sweaty mess these days. We need Obama to do something about this before players start dropping dead."



LeBron James: "Dude, I'm sweating my ass off out there on the court, more than I ever have. Even my Gatorade can't stop it; this must be from a higher power. Gore's right, global warming is legit."



Kobe Bryant: "It all makes sense now. Players are even slipping and sliding all over the court these days. I sometimes have to use my jersey as a towel. It was never like this before."



Not to be outdone, global warming critics cite record cold temperatures in the Midwest and enormous snow levels across the world as proof the global warming claim is nothing but a farce. The reporters here at Thank God For the Internet Blog will continue following this story and provide updates when news breaks.

No comments: